“Smart Waste Management in EaP Countries (Ukraine, Georgia and Moldova)”
N(N)LE International Business and Economic Development Center has held trainings in the framework of the project on "Smart Waste Management in EaP countries(Ukraine, Georgia and Moldova)" EaP CSF Re-granting 2017, Tbilisi, Kutaisi and Batumi, Georgia 2017.
First part: Presentation of Guideline of Smart Waste Management for Community Leaders, Business representatives, and best practices in waste management according to the new legislations on Waste Management approved in Georgia during last years.
Second part: Discussion between Community Leaders and Business representatives for further cooperation and solving common challenges in Waste Management.
N(N)LE International Business and Economic Development Center (IBEDC) is implementing the project on “Smart Waste Management in EaP countries(Ukraine, Georgia and Moldova)” together with partners: NGO “Good Deeds”, Ukraine and NGO “National Environmental Center”, Moldova in the framework of Re-granting program 2017 of EaP Civil Society Forum.
Project implementation period:
01.05.2017-30.10.2017: Ukraine, Georgia and Moldova
-Raise capacities and awareness of community leaders (household associations/condominiums/cooperatives) in selected regions of Ukraine, Georgia and Moldova on EU requirements in waste management;
-Support constant dialogue between the different target groups to promote their cooperation;
- Dissemination experience of the best examples of improving waste management in the Eastern partnership at 6 Eastern partnership countries.
1. Leaders of communities (Chairman of household associations/condominium associations, housing cooperatives);
2. Companies that collect separate and recycle various types of waste entities;
3. Local and national relevant authorities;
4. Working group on environmental issues EaP CSF from all 6 EaP countries;
5. Local population.
Activities and expected results:
1. Development of methodological guide - a guide "Smart waste management for communities";
2 . Roundtable to increase the capacity of target groups for implementing the law on waste, namely the separate collection of recyclable materials;
3. Organization of trainings for community leaders and business operators in WM(In Georgia: Tbilisi, Kutaisi and Batumi);
4. Development network "Eastern Partnership" in waste management.
The project is funded by the re-granting mechanism of Civil Society Forum of the Eastern Partnership and supported by the European Union and the National Endowment for Democracy.
N(N)LE International Business and Economic Development Center, Georgia: David Tsiskaridze, Chairman of the Board;
NGO Good Deeds, Ukraine: Oleksandra Gumeniuk, Project Manager.
Phone: +373 22 108861; +373 798 17 448